Let Us Help You Navigate The Unknown
We Are SP Solutions
SP Solutions is a consultancy that works with providers of adult social care, housing support and community safety services and commissioners of housing support
services in order to improve services to vulnerable people. We use our expertise in commissioning and market development to help providers with tenders, business
development, business planning, quality assurance and training.
SP Solutions was established in 2002 by Frank Curran with, as our name
suggests, an initial focus on the Supporting People programme. Since then we have worked with fifty-five local authorities, ten NHS Trusts, three government
departments and more than one hundred providers on a wide range of projects.
Since 2013 we have worked in partnership with RedQuadrant to deliver consultancy services to statutory bodies in the fields of adult social care, community safety and new models of service delivery.
Adult Social Care
New Models of Service
For Housing Commissioners:
We provide a wide range of services to commissioners of housing support services including:
• Reviews of housing support strategies.
• Options appraisals of savings plans.
• Review of service charges in supported housing.
• Review of quality assurance frameworks.
• Service and strategic reviews.
• Development of payment by results contracts.
We work with providers to help prepare, review and critique tenders, bid
applications. Our considerable experience of commissioning has given
us a comprehensive understanding of what commissioners and purchasers are
looking for in a tender.
We work with providers to help them horizon scan and identify opportunities for
business development in new or related areas of activity including re-design of
service offers. Our in-depth understanding of the policy landscape enables us to
identify opportunities across a range of sectors and commissioners.
Business planning and strategic reviews:
We work with senior leadership teams and boards to help them make strategic
decisions about the future direction of their organisation. Our in-depth
understanding of the policy landscape enables us to guide discussions on the
future shape of provider markets.
Revenue maximization and cost reduction:
We have a detailed understanding of the revenue framework for housing
support and/or care services. We have particular expertise in the issues of rent
and service charges in supported housing.
Measuring service effectiveness:
We can work with you to undertake analysis of the costs and benefits of your service and the Social Return on Investment being delivered .
Contract and price negotiations:
We have considerable experience in helping providers in contractual and price negotiations with commissioners.
Staff training and coaching:
We have considerable experience of implementing effective staff training and coaching.
Regulatory guidance: We have a comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory framework for housing support and/or care services including the requirements of the Care Quality Commission, Supporting People teams, the Homes and Community Agency and the Charity Commission. We can provide advice on regulatory arrangements, corporate and charitable structures for providers of housing support and/or care services.
Interim management services:
We can supply staff to provide interim management solutions for housing support and/or care services.
For Social Care Commissioners:
Since 2013 we have worked in partnership with RedQuadrant to deliver a wide range of consultancy services to statutory bodies.
Please click on the links below for more details of our services and experience in the fields of adult social care, community safety and new models of
service delivery or use the form below to contact us.
• Development of Target Operating Model for the adult social care Directorate of Northamptonshire County Council.
• Negotiation of fee frameworks for commissioned adult care services for Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire East, Halton and Wiltshire Councils.
• Review of adult social care systems, pathways and commissioning arrangements for forty local
authorities including, since 2014, LB Brent, LB Richmond-upon Thames, LB Hillingdon and Leicester
City, Cheshire East, Cheshire West, and Chester, Wiltshire, Nottinghamshire Telford and Wrekin and Durham County Councils.
• Review of substance misuse commissioning systems for LB Lewisham, LB Hounslow, LB Hillingdon and Tameside MBC.
• Business development, service redesign and tender support to NHS Trust.
• Business development, service redesign and tender support to national offender charity.
• Review of housing and care pathway for NHS Trust.
• Provision of consultancy support for the establishment of RISE and Innovation Wessex Community interest Companies, staff led mutuals established by former probation trust staff which successfully won business in the Transforming Rehabilitation programme.
• Project management of Total Place project to reduce re-offending for LB Lewisham.
• Subject matter expert in the Evaluation of DCLGs SP payment by results pilots.
• Development of quality assurance frameworks for Flintshire and Denbighshire County Councils
Supporting People programmes.
• Review of housing support strategy for LB Brent.
• Management of five Supporting People programmes between 2005 and 2012.
Why We Are Different
There are a number of consultancies working in the same fields as us. We are
different in two major ways – our experience and our approach.
Our experience: since 2002 we have worked across the UK, across the full range of public sector bodies (including local government, CCGs, NHS Trusts, CRCs and central government) and across and between a wide range of policy areas including adult social care, children’s social care, public health, housing, community safety and probation. We have also worked with more than 100 providers ranging from large multi-national outsourcing companies to national care and housing providers to regional and local providers in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. This range of experience means that we have a comprehensive understanding of most policy areas and from a range of perspectives.
Our approach: we are focused on solving problems for our clients. We see our role as being to add value to projects and to leave our clients with enhanced skills and capabilities better able to cope with future challenges.
Get In Touch
Call: 07515 875381
Back To Top
Copyright 2016 SP Solutions